Muchall Grove [2014]

With Xtraweld for David Wilson Homes

The rural edges of Penn were once home to the industrious Victorian builders of Wolverhampton. Muchall Grove was built by prominent local figure Charles Clark, a former Wolverhampton Mayor and co-founder of T and C Clarke and Co Ltd. After being a member of the Corporation since its formation as a municipal body, the once councillor, alderman, and chief magistrate became mayor of Wolverhampton in 1860. He built Muchall Grove on part of the rural grounds of Muchall Hall also around 1860, after the death of it's owner, William Thacker. After Charles Clark it was occupied by ironfounder Edward Thomas Wright. On it sale in 1908 The Grove boasted pleasure grounds, kitchen gardens, stables, pigeon houses, tennis courts and shaded woodland walks.

As both the home of a major award-winning producer of iron holloware and former mayor, "Muchall continues in name reminding us of the district's illustrious past." [Angus Dunphy, Penn and Ink]

bird table